Plugable 4-Port USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Charging Hub with 20W Power Adapter and BC 1.2 Charging Support for Android, Apple iOS, and Windows Mobile Devices)
- Expand USB connectivity by connecting up to four USB 3.0, 2.0, or 1.1 devices to any USB 2.0 or 3.0 capable computer. Fully plug and play, devices can be hot-plugged, supports USB over-current protection. All four ports support charging (see "Power and Charging" in description for more information on smart charging abilities). Robust 5 volt 4 amp 20 watt power supply included. (US AC Wall Outlet Plug, 100-240V 50/60Hz)
- Compatible with most Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Mac OS X, and Linux / Unix systems. Microsoft Windows systems should install latest manufacturer USB 3.0 host controller drivers and Windows Updates. Apple Mac OS X and Linux / Unix systems require latest operating system updates for best compatibility.
- Apple notes: Some devices such as the Apple SuperDrive look for Apple-specific signaling and will not work when connected through any USB hub. Not recommended for use with USB 3.0 PCI-e add-on cards for older Mac Pro systems because of limitations in their software support for USB 3.0 hubs.
- Supports USB 3.0 transfer rates up to 5Gbps (640MBps) to allow data to move quickly between devices. Transfer rates are device and USB host controller dependent. Ideal for high-throughput devices such as USB hard drives, flash drives, and USB video adapters. Backwards compatible with all USB 2.0/1.1 devices and hosts. Powerful 5V 4A 20W UL certified power adapter.
- 4 green LEDs, one per USB port. Sleek piano black glossy finish. All 4 ports on one side to minimize cable clutter and maximize accessability.
Details: Connect up to four USB 3.0, 2.0, or 1.1 devices to a single port on any computer. Fully plug and play, devices can be hot-swapped, supports USB over-current protection. Compact design with per-port green LEDs.
Featuring the VIA VL811 + USB 3.0 hub chipset updated to firmware version 9095 for maximum compatibility with almost all USB 3.0 hosts. Supports Microsoft Windows 10 through XP, Mac OS X, and Linux kernels 3.0 and later. Apple SuperDrive not compatible. Older Mac Pros with USB 3.0 PCI Express add-on cards may not work with this or any USB 3.0 hub. Full forward and backward compatibility between USB 3.0, 2.0, and 1.1 hosts and devices. Not recommended for use with older TI, Fresco Logic, Etron, or Wistron USB 3.0 host controllers. Requires no driver installation (although individual devices may require drivers). 2.4Ghz wireless devices such as keyboard/mouse receivers, Bluetooth and WiFi adapters, may not work in close proximity to USB 3.0 devices or hubs.
Power and Charging
Comes with a premium 5V 4A 20W UL certified power supply. The hub provides charging on all 4 ports using new, advanced compatibility for devices which support the new BC 1.2 charging standard: charge and sync ("Charging Downstream Port" or CDP mode) at up to 1.5A per port and dedicated charging with only the hub's power adapter and no PC attached ("Dedicated Charging Port" or DCP mode) at up to 2.4A per port with dedicated Apple 1A, 2A, 2.4A, and Samsung 2.4A, charging signals. Unfortunately, USB charging is not well standardized. Charge and sync only works with BC 1.2 compatible devices such as the Apple iPhone and iPad (Apple 30 pin dock connector iPads will not charge), plus various Android and Windows devices are also supported. Not all devices support BC 1.2 charge and sync functionality. For detailed charging information on known compatible devices, see plugable.com/products/usb3-hub81x4
Package Dimensions: 8.3 x 7.0 x 4.1 inches